קשוי לילד DIFFICULTY IN CHILDBIRTH:
1. A woman who eats radishes while in pregnancy will have difficulties in childbirth.
2. A segulah for a woman having difficulty in childbirth is to give her to drink water from seven wells.
3. Also, her children should not be with her in the house.
4. Also, whisper in her ear the letters of the name Sa”g [one of the spelled-out Kabbalistic Names of G-d: Yud-Vav-Daled, Hey-Yud, Vav-Aleph-Vav, Hey-Yud].
5. Also, her bed should not stand in the west or the south.
6. Also, hang from her neck bitter herbs left over [from Passover].
7. Also, whisper to her in her ear the letters Pey – Vav – Ayin – Hey (these letters spell out Puah—an alias and appellation demonstrative of the comforting murmuring practiced by one of the two midwives in the Egyptian servitude who assisted Jewish mothers in birthing. It is possible to understand the original Hebrew as an instruction to whisper the letters that spell out the above letters: Pey-Aleph, Vav-Aleph-Vav, Ayin-Yud-Nun, Hey-Aleph).