1. Depression [fills] the heart of a man when he becomes aware of his own evil (/bad fortune). For the heart causes all of this, because the heart is the cause of everything; for good or for bad (lit. the opposite).
2. One must guard himself from depression in order that he not come to mourning, G-d forbid.
3. Through suffering and sadness, conflict comes into the world. Conversely, through joy, peace comes to the world.
4. Through the spoiling of one's joy, sicknesses come upon him.
5. It is a segulah to remove depression through mercy.
6. Vows and pledges bring happiness.