1. Through (morally) upright butchers, people have mercy on each other, and the opposite is also true.
2. A butcher who fulfills (the commandment to) honor his father, the Holy One -Blessed is He- guards him from feeding people non-kosher meat, and the opposite is also true.
3. Due to wicked butchers who feed (i.e. distribute) non-kosher meat, robberies increase in the world.
4. Those with pure vision can see on the knives of the butchers the vessels of the Holy Temple.
5. Someone who becomes suddenly mute, a kosher butcher's knife should be passed over his mouth.